Sunday, July 6, 2008

My first MG Kit


I have been doing a Gundam kit for the past week. This is actually my first Gundam kit. It is a Freedom Gundam Master Grade kit. Freedom Gundam appear in Gundam Seed & Gundam Seed Destiny, which is one of the powerful Gundam (it will not be the powerful without the pilot, Kira Yamato, skills).

Building this gundam is quite simple if following the steps from the instruction manual as it is quite clear and straight forward (the manual is actually in Japanese but the pictures speak thousand words). I played around with the Gundam, so i actually didn't follow the sequence in the manual in completing this. I'm trying to see how well can it pose in it's skeletal structure. I must say i'm pretty impressed by the movement, though it still can't pose like human perfectly, it's actually quite close.

I still not finished the kit yet, at this moment, it's about 90% complete already. The armour for the shoulder still missing as well as the shield and gun. And eventhough the original kit come with colours, but i think it's too plastic, need to give it a paint to have some real depth for the colour it will look more cool by then. Now i think it look too "plastic" that it's like some of the cheap china made plastic robot toy.



BoxShot






How good it will be if all the 5 fingers can move. For a master grade kit, only thumb and index finger can move separately, while the other fingers stick together.



Trying some posing on the stand that come with the kit.






"Master, please give me my armour quickly, and my shield, my rifle, and my wings, not forgetting my head."



"In case you are wondering, i'm actually a male!"




While waiting for the armour!




OK, partly done, ready to test out some pose....






This is a pose...... imagine the background is a big explosion, and it's jumping of some roof with the "Tom Cruise" style.





OK, this is the actual thing with wings and 95% of the armour on. Hopefully can get it done soon.

1 comment:

Borneo Falcon said...

Nice. Keep it flowing