Saturday, October 4, 2008

My first MG kit - Part II

An update for my first MG kit. When I bought this kit, I've been thinking just want to assemble the kit and let it be. But then, when I saw the one with paint, the whole thing looked so cool. The surface texture look so different. It have those "machine" feel.

I did some research online and go through some of the tutorial article to find out how to make my Gundam look good. It require patient and lots of time, not to mention getting the tools needed to make it look good. I e-bayed for the airbrush as i found it's more expensive to get one here.

I'm building my Freedom Gundam very slowly, due to lack of time and procrastination, not to mention the time waiting to get the tool. And i didn't prime all parts, when i sprayed the actual colour on it, i found out some part still need more sanding work. so i re-sand, and re-spray the part. Now the colouring is like 10% completed only. Hopefully I don't mess up my kit. And I just rent out the room which i use for spraying, so now I need to find another place to do the spraying job.





This is the package when i just got it from post office.





The content inside.





This is the tool for the paint job. It need a power converter as this device is meant for use in US. There's voltage different. I bought a cheap power converter in Jalan Pasar. Lazy to take the pic of the power converter.





OK, some posing before I take it off for the paint job.





Last Pic.





My Freedom Gundam, in pieces.

No comments: